As a leader in preventative health, we promote the holistic well-being of individuals and communities in Northern British Columbia.
In pursuit of our Vision, Positive Living North will utilize a harm reduction model to:
- We role model respect, accepting and acknowledging others and the many gifts we each possess.
- We promote the inclusion of people, ideas, perspectives and cultures. Through an Aboriginal lens, we see and embrace diversity within our membership and our communities.
- Our commitment to integrity lies at the heart of who we are and what we believe. We bring confidentiality, passion, humility, honesty, fairness and a strict code of ethics to our work.
- Our success depends upon our ability to perform as a highly effective team. We acknowledge the mutual responsibility of citizens, partner agencies and government to provide a high quality of life and to work together to meet our common goals. Together everyone achieves more.
- We foster open and clear dialogue that encourages the willingness to speak up and actively listen, within a framework of mutual respect and shared understanding.
- We value results accomplished through dedicated members, volunteers and employees who endeavor to meet the needs and expectations of the community. We accept personal and professional responsibility to achieve the goals established for our organization.
- We strive to provide quality public service through sound decision-making and accountability for our actions. We provide relevant, current and accurate knowledge in a professional manner.
Revised September 2013 as per Board Resolution